Sunday, June 2, 2013

Reign of Iron

Continuing on from my last post, I'm going to talk a bit about my list while also giving you a painting update. As I mentioned in my last post, I've been messing around with my list a lot since the new book came out, but have finally settled on one that I really like and plays very well on the tabletop.

Daemon Prince
Daemon of Nurgle, Chaos Armour, Daemonic Flight, Level 4 Death, Sword of Striking, Charmed Shield, Dragonbane Gem, Soul Feeder, Scaled Skin


Exalted Hero
Battle Standard Bearer, Mark of Tzeentch, Shield, Talisman of Preservation

Sorcerer
Level 1 Shadow, Dispel Scroll, Ruby Ring of Ruin

Throgg


16x Chaos Warriors
Mark of Tzeentch, Full Command, Mark of Tzeentch, Banner of Eternal Flame

7x Trolls

5x Hounds
5x Hounds
5x Hounds


Gorebeast Chariot
Mark of Nurgle

Gorebeast Chariot
Mark of Nurgle

Chimera
Flaming Breath, Regenerating Flesh


3x Skullcrushers of Khorne
Standard Bearer, Musician, Ensorcelled Weapons

This list under the SCALE for Conclave comes in at 1 nasty point (Throgg), and is basically an amalgamation of all the things I liked about the other lists I tried out up until this point.

As I mentioned before I really felt the Daemon Prince is the clear winner in the new book, but in this list I think every piece has potential. Chaff is often said to be one of the biggest hinderances to Warriors of Chaos, so I have plenty of ways dealing with such units, as well as having plenty of my own to throw about. The Warriors and Trolls form solid blocks that are difficult for most enemies to shift, while the Chariots and Crushers form the spearhead of the army. The Chariots also work well at delaying tactics, as their hefty damage output paired with their 5W at T6 really help it hold up in situations where other chariots wouldn't, especially since it is now -1 to hit them.

One point to note is that the list has only 5 fortitude and I had considered carefully about making some point for 10 Marauders with a banner to flesh that out and hide behind a rock. I ultimately went against that idea as the penalty for losing Blood and Glory at this event is that you opponent gets 500 bonus victory points; with 150 point increments in the scoring I felt that the army should be tough enough to mitigate that bonus with kills, and that's if an opponent can actually kill the point holders (Daemon Prince, BSB, Warriors, Crushers).

As for painting, I've still been at it consistently and am closing in on the finish line. I have 5 more Hounds and Chariot on the table at the moment just about to be finished, and I finished my BSB just the other day (pics of him below to sign off). I cannot finish my Trolls or Chimera until I get my new paint on Thursday, so until then I have two Crushers to keep me busy.

Fingers crossed I can get it all done in two weeks.




2 comments:

  1. Looks good Jay, usually my Dwarfs would love to fight an army with such a low model count but I don't think they'd want to fight that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice BSB there! I did something very similar with my BSB for my Tzeentch army as well. That is a great model to use as a base in conversions.

    You can see it here on my blog:
    http://allyourswords.blogspot.com/search/label/Battle%20Standard%20Bearer

    ReplyDelete